Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question on tires part 2

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hustler, Nov 14, 2001.

1. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I am getting ready to buy new tires and want some input for you guys on what type would fit my needs. Its for a 90 and no lift. I plan on getting 32" tires. It is mostly a daily driver, but I do use it to tow my boat, atv, and race car. When I hunt or go camping, I take it off road and do a little off road riding just for fun from time to time..

I want tires that will be good on the black top, but tires that I don't have to worry about getting stuck in the mud either. I know that in some mud holes you are going to get stuck no matter what you have.
    I don't know if BFG A/T or M/T is the way to go or maybe another tire that would be good out there.

Can you guys give me some choices on what tire would work best for me?
    Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I liek the Goodyears a little better than the BFG's for muds.... And for a A/t tire, I like the Sport King. i actually had a set of 31" Sport Kings on Emmett before I went to 35's and they went off-road really well!

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. Innerpiece

Innerpiece 1/2 ton status

realize that if you are going up in tire size (31 stock to a 32) you may run into gearing issues for towing ... my 87 has 3.08's with 32's and it's not so great for towing ... but it also kind of sucks for just driving around based on the gearing ...

32's definitely look better than 31's on a blazer.

4. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I have 373 gears and a built 383 stroker so I think the gearing will not be a problem with just going up to 32" tires. But I have thought of getting 411 gears. Now I just want to get tires, then see if I might need to gear lower.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I would go BFG muds. I have 32" bfg at's and they are great tires. Except in mud. I have gotten through some decent mud holes with them, but they load up to much for mud. The BFG muds are great in the mud. My dad has them on his F*rd and they clean themseves really well in the mud. I am putting on the BFG muds when my ATs wear out.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.