Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question re super swampers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by COYOTE35, Dec 4, 2001.

1. COYOTE35

COYOTE35 1/2 ton status

For those of you out there running the Super Swamper TSL/Boggers, how do you like them? How do
    they ride/wear/sound? I am about ready to replace my tires and am considerin these. Are they worth the money?

Whats wrong with big and wide?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I got TSL's. They are the sheeee-it off road. On road they are loud, flat spot when their cold...did I mention they were loud?[​IMG]

They're not the best tire for on-road manners...but i'll be replacing mine soon with another set of either TSL's or TSL/SX's (depending on the size I go with)

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have TSL's also and I second Rene... I never have had boggers though but have thought about them for my next tire.

The only bad things I have ever heard about them is that sometimes in wet or loose conditions they tend to slide while side hilling...

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

4. big75jimmy

big75jimmy Registered Member

I have 35x16 Boggers on my 75 Jimmy, while 2 are almost bald they are still very good in the mud. A buddy of mine has 35x14 Boggers on his Bronco which are almost new. His shake more than usual because they are not balanced. When slowing down to a stop at an intersection you can feel every lug thumping the pavement. The more worn out they get the louder they are.

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I have TSLs front and Boggers rear. If you ask about wear on them, are you sure you want either?

They are a little loud. TSLs are better over all than Boggers. But, nothing beats Boggers in the mud. Only negative are they dig real bad when you are stuck. Adn they are a little worse on sideways slip than the TSLs. So, I put the TSLs on the front and the Boggers in the rear!

Oh, and the Boggers break parts with a heavy foot. Any axle, not just 1/2 ton stuff.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

6. Msquared

Msquared Registered Member

Being a newbie to the whole offroad scene, (I just wrench on Zakk's rig) how many on road miles is considered acceptable on a set of boggers or swampers?
    TIA Guys,

-Marcus
    -Just me, trying to have fun