Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question Steve W.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by K5 NUTT, Mar 9, 2001.

1. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Steve...found a deal i couldn't pass on today at the boneyard...they had a 91 K5 THEFT RECOVERY....it had 4 6" superlift springs on it with 2 RS9000 in the rear and a combo of 1 RS9000 and 1 RS5000 up front...gettin the whole deal saturday (allready prepaid..they remove) for $350. It is all new parts...don't think the set-up was on the truck very long before it gone swiped. Anyways...my question is this...i bought the front greasable shackles and bushings...my front springs are now tuff countries...will these bushings work or do i need to order a new set from you? Also since the front dual shocks were a mix of 1 9000 and 1 5000 will this set-up work ok together or should i just stick with the single 9000? Thanx buddy..guess i be needed to trade off my 33 MTR's for 35's now...lol. It never ends does it!

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

2. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Doug, I didn't notice any difference when I went to just a single front rs9000.

GOT ROCKS?

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I want one!

The shackles work in all the aftermarket front springs, the difference will come in with the main eye bushings. Superlift and Skyjacker use a 1.125" in the front eye as well as the rear. everyone else uses a 1.5 eye in the front and 1 1/8 in the rear.
    If I told you that was my truck would you give it back for a $500 reward? :-)

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Why would you want that set-up..hehehe....you've built your own...lol. Anyways i guess i'll have to call you this week and order the bushings for the rear of those front springs...my fronts are currently rough countries so i will need greaseables to fit the superlifts at the rear shackles before i try and swap things over. The whole point of this swap is to go up to 35's to tone down the 4.10's...and the TBI will give back any HP i loose. When i picked up the parts somehow a rear shock came up missing and the fuel tank baffle was blown out of the tank rendering it useless...however we just swapped the tank for the rollcage so i am very happy!!!! Gonna remove the rear bars from the cage and just tye in two long ones to my factory rea bar.

And if it was yours...well i guess i'd have to fess up...lol...but i bought everything legal like!!! They bought the rig at auction for $3500..it was missing trans-xfer-complete interior..but everything else was there...that TBI looks nice sittin on my manifold in the gargae~!

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban