Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by yunit, Jun 3, 2004.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Do you guys think it is dumb for me to order a cage when I have all the equipment to build my own? The only reason I am thinking of ordering one is my time and patience right now is so limited. I can order a 10 point 1.75 x.120 wall cage from S&W for $450, that is about what I would spend in tube alone.

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i was thinking the same thing -- tell you what if you do order a kit see if we can get a price break on 2 ??

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

tell you waht, practice making one for me, and ill let you know how it works!!

seriously though, it up to you. i like building sh]t

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I guess the question you should ask yourself is, are the S&Ws built the way you want it to be? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Personally, I enjoy the build process as well, but time for me is a rarity now-a-days, so I'm holding off till next year or so...but that's just me...
    Boss

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

That same thought has crossed my mind. I really want to keep weight down so I want to use moly tube but getting the time to build a cage is hard to do. Hell finding time to wheel is hard enough right now let alone building the truck. I have my crossover and hydro assist sitting here since Sept. of last year and still don't have it installed. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Boss, wait until you see the two trails we went to last time. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif The one trail I passed on because there was about an 80% chance I would roll; to the left was a light roll and to the right was easily a full roll over landing back on the wheels type of roll. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I think it is time for me to just /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif!

7. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

buy the cage.
    s&w is avery decent company.
    and i dont have time to wait for you to get your [darn] together

if oyu wann add supports later you always can mho