Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Sep 4, 2000.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

i have a 77 k5 and i am planning on puttin a 6 inch suspention and 3 inch body and and ride on 40 inch tires and i know i should beef up my front and rear end and extend the brake lines but waht are some of the other things i have to plan on doin do i have to do anything else besides those mods ?.........thanks alot

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

With that much lift, you will have to replace your drivelines with longer ones, or with ones with CV joints, maybe tilt a few degrees your rear axle (by removing and welding the spring perches) and probably even lower your transfer case a bit.

Hope this helps.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'd anticipate lowering the t case, it helps decrease the angle of the drive shaft. Some companies will include shims or the blocks will be beveled, but by dropping the tcase an inch or so it will help spare your u joints. Talk to the place you're buying them from, they'll help you out. Good luck

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. Heath-La. 89GMC

Heath-La. 89GMC 1/2 ton status

When lowering the T-Case, there should be some spacers inside the frame rail holding the cross member. I just took them off the top and used them for spacers. Im not sure why they were originally there, but they work great as 1" spacers

5. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

thanks alot for the information i need as much help as i cant get thanks alot.....