Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

questions about 14 ff swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rebel88, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

whats up guys and gals...

just finished my 14 bolt swap and need two pieces of info from yall...first off: i had a 10 bolt rear originally and as i said i am now with the 14. what can i do to convert or switch over my e-brake cable to the bolt on style of the 14 bolt backing plates? My 10 bolt stuff was just like a slip in and it locks on the backing plates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Other question...i need the part number from napa or wherever for the u-joint that converts the 10 bolt driveshaft to the 14 bolt yoke. can you also let me know where i can get the straps for the yoke? im missing those too...

thanks a lot folks

Later

Just tap it in...tappity tap tap...

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I didnt reuse my e-brake so I cant help ya with that, but the U-joint part # from NAPA is 447.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html>http://www.geocities.com/outlaw613/K5.html</a>

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey thanks man...yeah i dont want to reuse my e-brakes but the truck here in VA(dont know if its the same anywhere else) wont pass inspection if i dont have it...

Later

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

E-Brakes? Ain't those optional equipment?
    Had same problem when i did my 14FF swap, but figured what i'd really done was just the 1st step in going to rear disk. Wrapped the cable up along frame rails and postponed the problem until i get to the rear disk.
    Now, where did i leave those Caddy calipers??????

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Holy crap yer just now gettin around to steppin up. LOL
    Are ya still runnin Boggers on yer rig?

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

6. GMCFIRST35

GMCFIRST35 Registered Member

what i did with my E-brake was i took apart the bolt on part were it clamps to the cable and just clamped it in the stock cable and just used that part it works fine no problems so far

7. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

What perfect timing.... I was just gonna do a write up on a cool way to get your parking brake cable adapted to the 14FF axle. I just swapped mine over as well last week, and will try to make a post tonite now that the site is back up. I have some cool pics of the job as well, and it seems to work out well..
    Talk to you all later tonite... TORI

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 14FF Detroit locker, D44 w/ posi, 4.10's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

8. GMCFIRST35

GMCFIRST35 Registered Member

what i did with my E-brake was i took apart the bolt on part were it clamps to the cable and just clamped it in the stock cable and just used that part it works fine no problems so far yeah and the u joint was the same on mine the axle came from under a one ton van and the u joint fit fine you can get the straps from any junk yard just tell them what you need

9. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey powermad...been a while man...yeah ive had the damn rear for about 8 months just now getting around to swapping it in...yeah ive still got boggers on it but instead of 35s ive got 39.5s...its one bad mutha and going to be even worse when its done...im trying to get a digital camera now so i can post some pics...

i think i figured out what yall were talking about i unbolted the e brake from the backing plate of the 14 and separated the two pieces...i think my stock e brake cable will go in and hook up the same way the other one did...didnt have enough daylight to find out but ill know soon enough...

Later