Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions about 1955 chevys......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Oct 9, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

The saga continues on my quest for classic cars.........i got my eye on a 1955.....chevy....2 dr......frame off resto, suicide doors, 396 bb built,totally bad ass.......i had a question, in 1955 ,what did they have as far as cars??? They had the bel air......i think the nomad.....what did they have ???? Did they have a "regular" 1955??/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i don't know ,my friend has a 55 his dad gave him in 1980. it was pretty fast,we beat an 69 AMX with a 390.two of us in his car and one guy in the little car and we still beat him. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im just trying to figure out what they made in 1955........BTW buying a classic muscle car toay is a BITCH lol /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif i have around 10k to spend, anyone reading this that has something sweet and already restored......... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

does it really matter what they made in 55? Its a custom by the sounds so yeah. Just curious?

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    does it really matter what they made in 55? Its a custom by the sounds so yeah. Just curious?

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah it really does!!!!! You dont know do you ???? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifSo STFU unless you have something usefull to add /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Don't make me take your own PVC pipes and beat the Pattymelt Stave out of you. And you are right I have no idea /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't make me take your own PVC pipes and beat the Pattymelt Stave out of you. And you are right I have no idea /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I got news for you sonny boy, I use copper /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif BTW i just down want to DO this in this thread. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif If you really feel the need, just PM bomb me with nasty PM messages or something. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifI would enjoy that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I just found out to properly mount a BBC in a 55 ......you have to cut the firewall back 2 inches........ /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif wouldnt want the rear wheels comming off the ground!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

in american hotrod right now there hotroddin' a 56 chevy and putting a BBC in it, and they had to make a custom firewall.

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

REALLY??? That a werid coinsidense!!!! I swear i diddnt say that before the show was on!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Im in the mood for big block POWER /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

In 55 Chevey offered the Corvett, Nomad, Bel Air, 210, 150, Station Wagon and Sedan Delivery.
    The most popular would be the two door hard top Bel Air.

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Of corse its not a corvette , or a station wagon for that matter /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif i was just talking about in that body style. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

in the 55 bodystyle they had a 150, a 210, and a bel-air. The bel air is the chrome, all the trim, etc. The 210 didnt have the side moldings, but had all the front and rear trim, and the 150 I believe was called a businessman coupe. I mean the 150 sunvisors were options, and some were ordered w/ just the drivers side option. You will have a hard time finding a 150. Most have been atleast bumped to 210 status, and if its already restored/whatnot its probably a belair.

They also had a nomad(2dr) (I believe you could get a 210 or a belair trim package), a panel wagon(2dr, based on the nomad), and a stationwagon(4dr).