Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

questions about a 72 k20

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Oct 13, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i am stripping the new parts truck. it is d44, eo72 (temporarily for blazer) 205 and i think sm465

The transmission has 1234r instead of L234r could it be anything besides a 465???

what kind of gears could it have 4.10 or 4.11's?? no tags... so where are they stamped at??

can i use this huge (5"??) driveshaft on the blazer?? or would it be better to get mine modified if necessary?

would i have any benefit from swapping the top rear leaves and using the 3/4 pack w/o moving the hangers? stop saggy butt??

what are the little 1/2 thick lift block things under the spring packs and ontop of the perches?? zerorate of some kind?

also the rear axel seems to be angled down towards the front b/c of the spring perches. is this ok or will i have vibration probs?

thanks

69K5

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

to find your gear ratio...pull the diff covers off, and there is going to be some numbers stamped into the ring gear... find the two that one is around 10 and the other is between 30 and 45 or so, and are right next to each other, with a model year before or after..divide the larger by the smaller.. the smaller is the number of teeth on the pinion, and the larger is the number of teeth on the ring gear..

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

From what the local driveshaft shop was tellin me bigger diameter is better. Less warpin on the freeway from what I understand. I'd get the 5" critter made up to fit the Blazer if I wuz you. Good luck to ya.

Allan

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

confedneck

thanks. i just couldnt remember where they were stamped.

justhorsin around

i think i will. cause the big one just makes the other one look puny.

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    69k5