Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

QUESTIONS ABOUT A LIFTING MY '87 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JAKDUPBLUK5, Apr 5, 2002.

1. JAKDUPBLUK5

JAKDUPBLUK5 Registered Member

QUESTIONS ABOUT A LIFTING MY \'87 K5

ok, i'm planning on lifting my '87 K5 4x4 blazer. First i'm gonna add a leaf to each spring in know im gonna do that. Then i was planning on installing a 3 inch body lift. My question is, is 3 inch body lift all around or 3 inch blocks on the springs in back with body lift in front better? Could I put blocks on all four springs? Is there any major problem with blocking all four springs? Please post me some replies so i dotn screw this up. This is my initial lifitn, I'll go taller and fancier next year. Thanks

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT A LIFTING MY \'87 K5

Never put blocks in the front it is both dangeraus and in almost every state illegal. If you do a body lift you have to to the whole body not just half. You never said how much lift you wanted. So I assume you want about 4" of lift since you said add-a-leaves and a 3" body lift. For what you would pay for that if you added a little more you could get a 4" suspension lift from Tuff Country or Rough Country plus you would be a lot better off with having new shocks and it would ride a hell of a lot better than having add-a-leaves at all four corners.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Blocks in front are a major No-No! Most people don't even run rear blocks,because they can crack and fall out. What size tires where you planning on running?

4. JAKDUPBLUK5

JAKDUPBLUK5 Registered Member

Thanks, i had just gone out and bought a set of blocks but now i'll tkae them back. The 3 inch body lif t is goin in and dont worry ill be putting new shocks on all around soon. I would just skip all the nonsense and flip the shackles, but for some reason i just dont feel like chiseling out rivets and droppin the gas tank next week. I'll do all that later.