Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions about amps and subs

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Derf00, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Can anybody tell me anything about Autotek amps? Had a salesman try to sell me 2 10" Memphis subs and said it would only take a 200W amp. Out the door cash, $350.00. I don't know much, but this sounded fishy.

How big an amp should it take to run two good quality 10" subs? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I dont know about those subs but Id think you would need more power for 2. Im gonna run a JL 12W3 and each one is rated at 250 W but Im gonna run 300 to it.

Nick

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I do know the Memphis subs are a decent speaker, i have the 400 watt Memphis amp running 6 speakers, 2 of them are 15" Kicker CompVR's. So i know their amps are good, i heard the sub at the store where i bought my system, as far as the power, you will get good sound out of 100 watts/speaker, thats all i have going to my 15's and they pound. I think i would still opt for a little larger amp though, just to have MORE POWER!! ARGH ARGH ARRGH!!

Can't say much about the Autotek amp, as i have really never heard of them,,, /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

As far as how much you should run to speakers, hmm, as i mentioned, i have 2 15's capable of 900 watts each, the amp i have coming for them is a 1500watt amp, so 750 each is pretty stable and not overkill, i guess it just depends on whatthe speakers can handle, i would keep the wattage down somewhat just to protect the speakers from being overpowered and blowin them.

Just my opinion,,, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif