Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions about going doubler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b454rat, Mar 11, 2007.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm thinking about getting a doubler for my 89, the 92 Blazer from Eastcoast isn't panning out, which already had the doubler in it. I can get a 203, pretty sure an adaptor, but the trans I have is 2wd. I had 2" spacer made (MEK5) so I could use a 208/241 adaptor with a Ford 205. Looks like the factory 400/203 used a really short output, but where would the spacer have to go?? Or do I even need a doubler?? But it would be cool....

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

which tranny do u have now?? if u are running a ford 205 they are 31 spline, so how did u address that?

3. b454rat

I have 2wd TH400, Ford 205 that I swapped the inputs with a GM 205. The GM205 was out of an 86, can never remember if that is long or short output. I'm toying with the idea, I don't really need a doubler, but figure if I still have the money, better get it now.

4. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

the output in your tranny will most likely be way too long for the 203. u would need to acquire the proper tailshaft & have it swapped in. if your 205 is the long front input i think u may have to swap it to short if u are going w/ the ORD doubler.

on another note i would not waste my money on a doubler if i knew i didn't need it. by time u buy the doubler, doubler shifters, acquire the right cases, buy new d-shafts, & fab crossmembers. u could spend a couple thousand on the conversion.

5. b454rat

I could get the right output or even the whole tranny. The only thing that I would really have to buy is the doubler kit itself. Dunno what I want to do, looking for ideas or opinions I guess. Probly just run what I got, put the money elsewhere, inless I can get a deal on a setup.