Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions and READY for a doubler!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BadDog, Apr 19, 2003.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got a Ford 205 that I plan to strip for all internal parts including the input. I've got a GM 465 205 that I've stripped to the bare case. Going to machine shop Monday to mill for the Ford bearing. Now all I need is the adapter. That's a 203 clocked 180* and the Ford input 205 GM case clocked up 2"...

Now for the question. The ford has an aluminum retainer on the front input bearing. I'm hoping this is not required on the GM case with the doubler, because it won't fit... FWIW, I have the old style figure 8 GM case... Am I SOL again? Or will this work???

Anyway, you have a PM with my info and phone number. Let me know ASAP when you return, I have cash in hand (finally)... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

DOH!!
    i did not think of that at all russ.
    if it dont work out i can buy the case back if needed.
    grant

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hey, not your fault. I suspect it's going to work out anyway. Either way, I need the front output. Stephen said this would work (using the Ford input) but I'm a little concerned that it may only work with the round input case.(?) I don't think that is the answer though. The GM bearing just sets in the front with a snap ring and "pinch" fit with the adapter, and I suppose that's what will be done with the Ford input... Either that or (similarly) the Ford doubler bracket replaces the aluminum retainer...

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We've already taken care of this but just for the record, it's not a problem. The bearing retainer is only used on the round pattern cases, on a fig 8 case, the adapter clamps the bearing and houses the seal, regardless of the brand of input gear.