Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions and some funny mods by previous owner

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oleo, Mar 19, 2007.

1. oleo

oleo Registered Member

Question #1 – is this the stock connection/postion for the throttle spring? LOL This is just par for the course so far with this truck, I had trim on the interior that required 7 screws that I was removing and it had 6 different type screws in it.

Question #2 – Is this for the A/C? Can I just remove it if it is, I am not keeping the A/C.

Question #3 - Is this for the A/C? Can I just remove it if it is, I am not keeping the A/C.

Question #4 – I would venture to say this hose is not doing anything! LOL What was it for? Will it matter if I abandone it completely?

Question #5 – What are these 2 hoses for? The big one in front (that is visible goes to nothing and the small behind it went to Question #3, Can I also just abandon these?

Thanks, I know some of these are stupid questions but I am new to the mechanic stuff, but I will learn it.

So far I have flushed and changed the oil, trans mission fluid new starter plugs and wires had the carb rebuilt, new battery, flushed the gas tank and started removing uneeded things like wheel housings and floor boards (to be replaced with the non swiss cheese type.

Thanks in advance

Olaf

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

2. BizeeB65

BizeeB65 1/2 ton status

#1 - no, not the stock location for the spring. not even the stock upper hose for the radiator... find a new, more solid mounting point for the return spring.

#4 - that hose is for the heater core... right now it is plumbed to be a "loop", no fluid in or out, so you have no heat. You will want to remove that line, and run separate lined to and from the cooling system on the motor to have heat again, IF your heater core doesnt leak!!

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If GM ever made a setup with a spring like in your picture, it wouldn't look like that, I'm assuming its hooked to the hose clamp in the picture? :) In actuality, a friend of mine has a Q-jet that will simply never return to base idle without a spring hooked up like in your photo. There seems to be nothing wrong with the carb or throttle cable setup, it simply needs just a tiny bit of help returning to base idle!

I'm guessing you have an aftermarket AC system...2, 3, and 5 don't look like stock GM parts, at least not like what I've seen before, even on early AC stuff. Your heater controls probably would indicate better whether stock or not.

Number 4 indicates that the heater core is probably bad, and instead of replacing it, they simply bypassed it. If you don't need it, it's fine as is, but if you ever need defrost, it would be nice to have.

Looks like a little work cleaning up the PO's issues ahead of you. :)

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Olaf........BERZERKER!!!!

Love that movie.

:usaflag:

5. oleo

oleo Registered Member

Cousin Olaf do da berzerker..................... LOL