Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions bout my 68

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oatsk5, Jan 19, 2005.

1. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just got it and have to relocate the rear spring pads on the axle just wondering the best way to go about doing it and can i up date the steering colum to a newer one any info would be great thanx

ERV

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

you could go with a 79 older van column, but some mods to do for firewall mounting and seal and such, oh and need turn signal switch wiring adapter from chevy parts counter, have fun

72 up pickup one be wiring nightmare since ignition is in column in them

rear spring perches removal requires removing the frame rivets that hold them to frame rail

grind and punch them out

its not that bad if you have grinder and patience and goggles and earplugs and soem grade 8 hardware

whats wrong with the 68 column ??

whats specs on the 68 ? 68 chevy trucks are my all time number oen favorite trucks in the entire world, my first chevy was a 68 truck years ago, miss it alot, had a bunch, all gone now and cant find one anywhere now

good luck

3. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

nothing wrong with the colum just wonder if it could be done no biggie i acctually ment the pads on the axle tubes its a lwb for now and its ffact 3/4 ton but theve been up graded to newer version with 4.56s it may or may not be stick or auto it will have a 350 hopefully tbi all in due time pics in my member section