Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

questions for the guys with 52s up front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Jun 7, 2004.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

im still on the fence on this one, especially considering i dont have bushings for either set of springs yet, nor do i have a front clip on my rig. if i run 52s, it will move my axle forward, i understand that. how do you mount your shocks from there? i have a set of Ford towers, but it seems that the steering shaft would be in the way. any ideas on how to get around this? also, those of you who have done it, did you move your shackle mounts? i know KidJethro did, and he's having problems with the springs hitting the frame. if i left them in the stock position (moving the front hanger of course) would i be able to keep myself from running into this problem? any help or advice is greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

please please please do a search, i know i have answered this question, and so have others. I run the stock lengrh shackle with the shackle in the stock location and DO NOT have any problems. i have answered the shock question too, and there is no reason why ford towers wont work in the normal location running a long ass shokc with the travel needed for these springs.