Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions for you np205 experts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Scrubby, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Scrubby

Scrubby 1/2 ton status

I have 2 np205 cases. One is out of an '80 one ton and in really good shape. The other is out of a '75 3/4 ton and is pretty much worn out. Of course, the '80 case has a slip yoke. And the front yoke is a plate looking setup instead of a yoke. I am assuming that I can take the fixed yoke rear and the front yoke off of the '75 case and they should bolt right up to the '80 case. Am I correct before I start tearing into things? Or should I just look at rebuilding the '75 with parts from the '80?

2. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

you can use the fixed rear yoke off of the '75 case, but you cant use the ujoint yoke for the front output. the '75 case has a 10 spline front output, the '80 has a 30 spline front output (for reference) and all NP205's have 32 spline rear outputs.

3. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

everything should interchange as stated. All the shafts are interchangeable. There isnt a whole lot in a 205.

When you are done building up a good case I need a shift rail ball and spring and the rod that goes between the shift rails if you are interested in beer money.

4. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

cover shipping and we'll hook you up. PM me.