Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

questions knuckles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Masiony, May 3, 2007.

1. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

i tried searching, but it brings up too much results that are not related. i know this has been covered before so a simple yes will sufice, but will what parts do i need to make a big hub flat top knuckle work with the regular internal spline hubs. do i need the spindle from the internal spline, or does it matter? i figured that the spindle from the internal spline would bolt up to the external spline knuckle, and then i can just use all the internal spline parts from the spindle out. also, what caliper bracket do you use? and i assume you use the rotors from the internal spline if it matters. all 8 lug btw, and on a hp housing.

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

if you are asking about swapping knuckles then the answer is simple. the only difference between the knuckles is the flat top passenger side and how the tie rod mounts. the spindle mount bolts are the same pattern.

3. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

i figured so, thanks. also, i have heard that ford and chev stub shafts are different lengths, is this true?

4. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

YES

5. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

bummer there. oh well.