Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

questions on ditching all the air crap...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Nov 2, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK..

Situation is a 1984 C-10 pickup...
    The carb is dead onit...

has the air pump and all those dang lines...

I want to put a edelbrock and holly combo I now have sitting in my garage on it but there's all these hoses running everywhere...

Can i LITERALLY pull them all off ditch the intaje and old carb, and put the edelbrock performer and holly on it? What about the "pipes" coming outta the exhaust manifolds? what else do i need to worry about.. dont care about emmissions...

2. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

As far as the switch I dont know but the pipes coming out of the exhaust and the air pump under the alt can be taken out without any problem. They are just there for emissions purposes. Just plug the holes in the exhaust with some brass fittings. There might be a pipe running down to the cat just cut it off at the cat and plug it up. It makes working on the vehicle a lot easier without that stuff in the way. You can do a tune up in half the time.
    Joe

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Whats to worry in Wa. State they don't open the hood for emissions test! At least not in Lynnwood! As long as it passes the sniffer, its all good!
    Bill

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

so can i safely YANK all that crap outta there and cap the exhaust stuff and install a different int and carb then?

Some one has to have done this???

Anyone?

5. GQ 350

GQ 350 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif I have done away with my air crap, what u need to do is use a cutter to cut each line right where they come out. Then pinch them off and use a torch to weld each one shut.

That should help u out a bit I hope /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I guess I could use a set of exhaust manifolds that dont have the aire crap couldnt I?

???

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

That would be the neat way but I would go the easy cheap way, just take them off and plug them with a bolt. Brass is better like he said.