Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions on dodge dana 60's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 15, 2000.

Questions on dodge dana 60\'s?

Ok guys I know its not a chevy but I found a 78 dodge 200 xtra cab today,its a 4x4.My question is if anyone knows what type of front diff would be in it.It looks like a d60 but I could'nt get a very good look at the front it was in some tall weeds and my wife was rushing me!!LOL
    The bed was off of it so I could get a good look at the rear and it was a dana 60 ff.I also was wondering if anyone has used any of the dodge rears in place of a 14 bolt ff.
    I would rather use a d 60 in the rear because of ground clearence.If any one has any knowledge on this subject it would be helpful,thanks.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

1. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Re: Questions on dodge dana 60\'s?

If noone hear knows you could go ask the folks on the dodge BB board athttp://www.off-road.com

[​IMG]

2. Re: Questions on dodge dana 60\'s?

Come on fellas,no ideas on this subject?

3. wstolar

wstolar Registered Member

Front end is most probably a D44. Did it have locking hubs? The fronts without locking hubs were very difficult to service and not recommended as good buys. Rear D60 should be 1.31 dia w/30 spline shaft. Good axles and would stand up to high horsepower and big tires fairly well.

Walter

4. Re: Questions on dodge dana 60\'s?

Thanks for the reply,I've got a d60 front and I'm looking for another for a friend.I've got a d60 front and was thinking of runing one in the rear.It should be close to the same width I was just wondering if any one has done this
    and if it will bolt in,or will I have to move the spring perches?Thanks again

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hey aren't those dodge rear d60's known for spinning the pumpkin upward? I know my buddy spun his and we had to pry it downward and weld it inplace. I hated every minute of it. Maybe because it wasn't my K5 we working on.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing</font color=blue>[​IMG]