Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions on Master Cylinders, Rear Disc Conversions, and 3/4 ton swappin'

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IGOR, Sep 9, 2002.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Questions on Master Cylinders, Rear Disc Conversions, and 3/4 ton swappin\'

I figured I'd get all my questions answered at once:

First some background - I have a '72 K5 that I want to swap my '75 K20 running gear into. While I have everything off, I figured I might as well put rear disc brakes in. So from there, do I have to upgrade my master cylinder?

The '72 Master Cylinder is pretty scary looking without the power boost - is it safe to use this master cylinder with rear disc brakes?

Thanks...

2. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

Re: Questions on Master Cylinders, Rear Disc Conversions, and 3/4 ton swappin\'

I understand guys are getting away with using their stock master cylinder and running rear disks...

I'll be trying it in a week or two myself... the only diff is my 72 is power brakes...

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

Re: Questions on Master Cylinders, Rear Disc Conversions, and 3/4 ton swappin\'

id say upgrade to power brakes would help a lot.second every one ive seen post about the conversion say there is no problems after running the same prop valve and all thAT.they say the brake pedal is a little squishy but the truck still stops much better than drums.