Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions on MM conversion kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ravin78, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Ravin78

Ravin78 Newbie

Need help PLEASE!
    I have recently installed the MM NP203 4X2 conversion kit hoping to be able to disengage 4WD. But to my dismay am unable to. I have checked linkage and it seems to be working. When transfer case is in nutrual I can move front drive shaft with force ( force: large pipe wrench and hernia). Have contacted MM for help and received a FAQ list and nothing more.

Thank you

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's not right. Should be able to spin it with minimal effort. First thing I would check is that the front hubs are disengaging. Take one off try to spin then take the other off. If you still can't spin it then it's time to get into the case again. The only thing I can think of that would cause that is something binding on the upper chain gear. There is a thrust bearing that was supose to be installed between the old Diff cage and the back of the top chain gear. Somewhere in that area is where I would check for everything being assembled correctly.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about doing this to a 203 I am going to buy. Where can I get info on it? Like a write up or any other info. Thanks!

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s

4. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

maybe put it in 2wheel then drive in reverse for a few feet? sometimes my converted 203 doesnt disengage until I do that (its highly tempermental)

mike