Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions on my 79 3/4 ton

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by outlaw612, Jul 9, 2001.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 79 3/4 ton pickup. It has a 14bolt rear and I think a dana44 front. 350 motor, and a 400 trans. I dont know which t-case is in it. There is a sticker on the drivers visor that explains shifting the t-case and says "full time t-case" at the top. Its has lock outs. Are those added by a owner? The shifter has HI-HILOC-N-LOW-LOWLOC on the handle.Which case is this? Is it a good case? It is stuck in hi gear. My second question iswhy whould the shifter be stuck?

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I thought the 3/4 tons used the NP205 in 79. The 1/2 tons used the NP203 (is that the original cab and badging?) but if it says full time transfer case it is the NP203. With the manual lockouts, I would say that it is a part-time conversion, if it truelly is an NP203. The shifter linkage could be bound up, or there could be some internal binding with the shift forks or rails. You may have to remove it to make sure. Also check to see if there is any markings on the case to identify it and it will give us a better chance of helping you.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?