Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions on raised steering arm

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 70jimmy, May 21, 2005.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mar 3, 2000
    Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Way back in October I ordered a bunch of stuff. 4" shackle flip, 3 inch rear springs, 6 inch front springs, all greasable bushings, front shackles and raised steering arm. I am finally getting to putting this stuff on.

The steering arm that connects the driver side spindle to the drag link has tapered holes. Wider at the top than at the bottom. The bolts that came with it are not tapered other than the top edge and do not fit into the tapered holes at all. Am I missing something???? the holes that are tapered are the 3 holes that connect to the spindle. Sorry probably using wrong terminology. thanks

I left a message on Friday but understood you were busy and I saw your post about wrong phone numbers and figured maybe one of them might have been mine.

70 Jimmy and it was a 10 bolt front.
  2. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Nov 17, 2003
    You need the conical washers that fit over the studs and into those tapered holes.
    Here's a pic of what one should look like.
    BTW: the steering arm connects to the knuckle. The spindle is what you slide the hub/rotor onto and it also bolts to the knuckle.:wink1:
  3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    Got it sorted out, sorry about friday, we ended up chasing the UPS truck with 2 next day saturday orders that came in after our shipping was done and gone. Between that and turning a couple guys loose early and it was a mess here for a while!