Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions on Trailhead automatic tire deflators

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 6.2Blazer, Oct 23, 2002.

1. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Anybody have a set of these. If so, how do you like them? If you are not familiar with them, they are basically a piece you screw onto the valve stem and they will deflate the tire to the set pressure (adjusted by a set screw).

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I have them, and love them! Takes awhile to get the pressure set right, I took a small spare tire and calibrated all of them with it, takes about 3 times each to get them right, there's a technique to getting them right.</font color>

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Approximately how long does it take to deflate the tires. I know it can't be any faster than if you were manually letting air out through the valve stem, but do you have a good feeling as to whether it's noticably slower? The reason I ask is that we are looking at using these for some testing here at work.....

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Probably takes about 3-4 minutes or so to let a 38 down from 35psi to 9psi. I don't know exactly, since the point is that you screw em on when you get to where you're going , then get in and start driving again. I put them on at post 2 at Pismo, and by the time I get to 6 they're all done... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>