Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by walt88, Aug 12, 2001.

1. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

On a 1978 K20 series suburban are the rear springs 52" or 56"? Is the front driveshaft from a 1978 suburban w/ a 203, the same length or could it fit a 1985 K5 with a 700r4/208. Are the front shock mounts the same also? I have a th400 iwht a 203, and the trans is bad. Can I swap off the tranny from the tcase and put on a th400 that was orginally out of a 2wd? Are the tail shafts the same??

1988 Chevrolet K5

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i dont know about the springs, but the front drive shaft should fit if they are both 3/4 ton rigs. thing is i am not sure if the 208 and 203 have the same U-joints. the shock mounts are the same. as for the trans swap there is no tail shaft on a 4x4. so you could swap them. if you are willing to tear down the good and bad one to swap output shaft's. might as well buy a good book and a rebiuld kit while doing that. but then you would just be rebuilding the old trans. the way i see it buy a rebuild kit or have it rebuilt. both ways you will end up doing the work to rebuild it yourself. a trans shop will cost you almost as much to swap the output shafts because they are doing the same work as a rebulid. just no cost for parts.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.