Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Queston on eliminating rear end sag

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

I was planning on a 1 to 2" lift in the back to improve looks/stance on my 72. Originally looking at blocks but then saw 'helper' springs in Whitney. What are the pro's and con's to both situations? Also, Whitney for suspension parts-good or bad?
    Thanks!

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

The helper spring will stiffen up your rear springs. If your just wanting to level it off and 1 to 2" does it, I would just use blocks. If you were going to lift it, you would want to get a taller rear spring if that was affordable for you.

3. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

If you add block just beware that lifting block on first gens won't fit if you still have square style U bolts with the anchor plate on the bottom of the axle tube....if it's round style U-bolt with the anchor plate on the top you should be fine.....you can make blocks work but its a lot of work to do it right....

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Sorry, I couln't resist..

I used helper springs on mine, it worked and was simple to do...

John