Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick 14 bolt question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Curtis2kul, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Curtis2kul

Curtis2kul Registered Member

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
  2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

pretty certain it will be as wide as a full on dually. Its not really a van more of a delivery truck/bread truck. I'm pretty certain those are damn wide.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

no, is about as wide as your front axle is, alot of ppl put van width under their rigs, but is yeah wider than rear, i cant rmeembver by how much though right now, soemwhere from 3" to 6"

and your attempt at posting pic URL didnt work, its no good, you did soemthing wrong i dont know what

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

front axles are 3" wider, and van rears are the same as the front axles, but I'm pretty certain that cargo van is wider yet.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the box cube vans are wayyyyyy wider than normal vans, evne spring packs are way set farther apart than normal vans too, big time!
    i can get specs from an 82 c30 cube van if you want, its 14 bolt super duper extra wide axle under it

6. Curtis2kul

yea man, anything will help, cause i can get this 14 bolt for free if i want it, i dont care if i have to move the spring perches! I just want to know if it will be the same width as the front axle.

7. Curtis2kul

im going to go get measurments off of that one today

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

what model of van is it from exactly, ? normal van, or cube box body converted van ? ?

if its a normal van then i cant do any good, although right acorss the street from the 82 cube van theres a normal 79 1 ton van with 14 fF under it sitting, so...

would be alot narrower than the cube van 14 bolt FF

both are G30 series vans

they are only a block away from me, and i know the owners of both vans, i have wrenched on and also driven both of them, haha

so..

also your pic is stil just a red X, something is not right with it, it is not showing up, what is it pic of ?

9. Curtis2kul

its a 1984 model bread type step-van, it has a 350 small block with auto transmission, as far as i know it is not modified, it came just like that. Im going to go get the radiator from it in about 15 mins, and im going to measure from the backing plate to backing plate