Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick 14 bolt ????'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MaxCrack, Aug 5, 2003.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Quick 14 bolt ????\'s

I have a few quick questions. Maybe you could help me out. How much oil is supposed to go into the 14 bolt full floater and where do you put it in with out a fill plug in the diff cover? I used the pressure relief valve to put in 2 quarts but it took a LOOOONG time. Also, do you know how to install longer e-brake lines? And how and where the HellO do I get them?

Thanks

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Re: Quick 14 bolt ????\'s

The fill hole for the 14b is on the front side of the housing, passenger side, just rearward of the yoke. Takes a square drive ratchet to remove the plug. Fill it till the oil starts oming back out the hole.

As for longer ebrake cables, I'm pretty sure you're $hit outta luck there. Do you have the cables adjusted all the way out? You can gain quite a bit of length if they aren't.

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Re: Quick 14 bolt ????\'s

OK I'll have to look for that. I assume it also limits how much oil you put in the thing....

As for the ebrake cables...they are fine for normal drivin' but if either side is dropped all the way, the cable is the limiting factor. Does anyone have an alternative for me. A reletively cheap alternative.