Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick 208 question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NCblackandredk5, Sep 24, 2002.

1. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

ive noticed lately that my 208 jumps out of 4-hi every time i let off of the gas (no longer under load...) anyone know what would cause this or a quick fix for it??? or should i justsave my $$$$ for now and go 205/203 or 208/205 since i have a 208 already??? oh yeah... 4-lo works just fine but i like to run mud sometimes and need 4-hi to be reliable too... thanks guys in advance

2. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Not real sure but
    i thought i read you can ajust the linkage
    and that might fix it,
    Im a newbie so dont take my word for it

3. SHINTON

SHINTON 1/2 ton status

Just a quick thought, do you have a body lift by any chance? If so, you may need to cut/allow more room for the shifter in 4HI position. (You have a 208 I have a 205 so this might not make sense...my 4HI is all the way back...and body lifts can interfere.)

I am local sorta btw...over in Greensboro! I will be wheeling in Uhwarrie on the 26th of October with CarolinaJeepsters and Triad4WDA, local 'free' clubs. Shoot me an email sometime if you wanna go wheelin!

Sam

4. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Probably the wrong thing to do, but I find that if I shift into four low then back into four high it stays. I think it's just because I'm not getting mine fully shifted when I go from 4h to 2h. I probably need some adjustment on mine as well.