Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick - brake pad questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, May 18, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK... last time i did my own brakes...

Well now i had to replace all the bearings, seals a u-joint etc on my axle... something got really f'in hot on the pass side and it didnt fair too well...

when i put the calipers back on and the brake shoes back in there am i doing it right?

The shoe with the hole goes on the outside and the one w/o the holes goes on the inside? can i get them upside down? are they supposed to have a spring on the brake pad to keep it with the caliper???

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I guess its totally possible for the heat to have passed from the rotors to the axle, but... damn, you need a lot of heat! I think you'd loose brake functionality before that happened.

And I believe its springy piece on the inside (to fit the piston), and the non springy on the outside. I dunno, it only goes in one way. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif