Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick disconnect?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by justhorsinaround, May 10, 2005.

1. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Does anybody have a quick disconnect for the sway bar that we can borrow or maybe just have? Got to thinkin as I started to work on Wimpy again this mornin that if we're gonna tow the little travel trailer with the shackle flip done it might get a little interesting without a front sway bar. :eek1:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If nothing comes to fruition , make a set . Just need a couple chunk pieces of good scrap to work with , with two holes , one hole to bolt to springplate , one hole to hold swaybar . Can use some bolts with small holes in ends for a hitch pin .

Or , just drill your springplate all the way though the bolt hole , grind threads off bolts , drill hole in each bolt and use hitch pins :D

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

dump the swaybar idea and just run RS9000 shocks. Run them on "9" when towing...

Marv

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That's not a bad idea for the future. Hadn't thought of that Marv. Problem bein that I'd like to tow the beast this weekend and there's no budget for fancy pantsy new shocks like that.

As it is I'm gonna be a little nervous about the end of the month with the expense of just makin this little jaunt.

Hopefully I will have an excellent interview on Thursday and receive a call with an offer for a new place of employment here right quick so I won't have such worries so much. Fingers and toes crossed.

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

;)

trade me your car for a suburban.... then tow it with that

lol

I may be up for ahanging out and doing some marve inspired booty fab if your game :D the new welder is begging to be played with :cool1:

just call,

-shawn

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Play with your welder , you aint seen the pretty tanks and rolling cart Allan has on perma-loan yet :pimp: