Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick fix advice needed.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gjk5, Jun 7, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

My 72' has a decent looking CD in it (Kenwood) but there are no speakers in it. I'm not ready to part with the cash to do the whole system so my question is twofold:

Do I just get a cheap speaker(s) to go on the dash in the factory location and ditch them later or:

Do I get a good speaker or set for the dash and keep them when I upgrade the system.

Thanks, I just can't stand driving around in silence anymore.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    My 72' has a decent looking CD in it (Kenwood) but there are no speakers in it. I'm not ready to part with the cash to do the whole system so my question is twofold:

Do I just get a cheap speaker(s) to go on the dash in the factory location and ditch them later or:

Do I get a good speaker or set for the dash and keep them when I upgrade the system.

Thanks, I just can't stand driving around in silence anymore.

[/ QUOTE ] For just some sound, you could get yourself a set of 6x9 boxs and some 6x9's. Fairly cheap and easy.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I don't think you would be happy with just that one stupid speaker in the center (I don't even know what size it is /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif). My truck came with 6x9's in the lower part of the door. 6x9's would be a good way to go...if you don't want to cut a hole in the doors just do what Tim said.