Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick Furd help please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Apr 1, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My buddy just called and he is broke down. He has a 2000 Mustang with a 3.8 liter V6 auto tranny. He said he cant shift into 3 & 4 all it does is stick at 2nd about 45mph at High RPM's. This occured while he was driving it just started reducing speed and would not shift to a higher gear. Any ideas he is on leave and in the USMC so help a Devil dog out if possible. Thanks ,
    Spencer
    He's about an hour from augusta GA now

2. CaveBlazin

Here is what he said happened he was driving at about 70 on the interstate and the RPM's started rising and from that point on he was in 2nd gear and now it wont shift at all????

3. CaveBlazin

ttt anyone /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Sounds like he will be singing the AOD blues. Its a very similar tune to the 700r4 down and outs.

Bout all I can think of is to check the governor.I think They have similar problems like the 700 of striping out gov gears.
    Oh he might check to make sure the TV cable is working.

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Sounds like an automatic. Probably have to bring it to a shop to have it fixed...Remind him to call back to his unit, they can extend leave for circumstances such as this. Plus, if its like the AF, if he can't afford to fix it now they should be able to give him a 0% loan against his paycheck or even a grant (free) from an aid society. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. CaveBlazin

Yeah he is one of my Marines so he's taken care of but I was wondering if anyone would have suggestions on what happened. Thanks for the info so far.
    Spence