Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick gas cap question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72yellow, Apr 6, 2003.

1. 72yellow

72yellow Registered Member

Would not having a gas cap cause dieseling? I was driving around and it was running fine, got gas and forgot to put the cap on, long story with the computers at the gas station ending with me being pissed and forgetting cap. After that it seemed to be dieseling. I'm not sure if it has the emmisions or not.

Thanks

Also check out some pics at http://members.cox.net/72blazer/

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't think that would cause the problem. Did you get cheep gas? When you put a new cap on did it fix the problem?

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I don't think missing a cap would make it diesel. Where is Your Idle set at? Do You have to run Oxygenated fuel in the winter? and then back to "Good" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif gas in the spring? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Removing the gas cap "depressurizes" your fuel system, but should not cause dieseling. You prob. got some bad gas. Try throwing some Heet or other good gas line "antifreeze" in your tank.

5. 72yellow

72yellow Registered Member

I was thinking it might be bad gas, i also ran the tank down so there might be junk in it. I'll blow out the carb this week and put some good gas in.

Thanks