Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick guys! I need your opinions tonight!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Avery4jc, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

ok so as some of you remember I have always kicked myself for not going a) a full convt. blazer and b) not going pre-75 (smog exempt...stupid cali)...
    Now as much as I like my truck those are two major things that cannot be changed about mine regardless of how much time/money/effort I put into the drivetrain/cosmetics of it.

So I have been cruising craigslist for something in good shape...possibly to get as a second project truck or something dd-able...haha I think I just made that word up.

Ok so I came across this...before you all puke on your keyboards it has a 15" superlift on it right now but try to look past that :)

http://fresno.craigslist.org/car/280306111.html

Do you guys think that its worth looking into? I e-mailed him last night and he just e-mailed me back and said its still for sale and he is getting ready to lower it and go smaller but if I want it in its current config. to let him know...I'll e-mail him about what axles it has right now and post back...so lmk what you all think.

2. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

Is that something you really need? Why not put more money in your truck so you can take it off road and use it. But if you really want another truck, look at San Fransisco Bay Area craigslist. They always have convertables and for a lot less then 8000.........$3000 for stereo stuff....what a waste..

3. Avery4jc

yeah there is no way I'd go 8k for it...I wasn't even worried about that at this point as I know I could get him down if need be...for now I was just looking at the couple major factors...full convt. (as you know we have such nice weather almost year round in cali so it would be nice to have)...pre-smog (no explanation necessary)...more interior room...only being able to bring one other person sucks plain and simple.

4. 1982blazer

1982blazer 1/2 ton status

It says need's heater core, if you do go look at it make sure the pass side floor is not rusted out.

5. Avery4jc

ok...any details on this correlation I should keep in mind?
    Normally here in cali rust isn't much of an issue...or were you referring to standing fluids?

6. 1982blazer

1982blazer 1/2 ton status

Ya that's what hapend to my blazer when i bought it had a bad heater core and the po had let the floor rust out, and i didn't find out about it until i ripped the carpet out. Btw we don't have much rust in Texas either.

7. Avery4jc

when I go see it I'll ask to pull the carpet back and check it out...then I'll check it out from underneath too...

8. chevysmithz71

chevysmithz71 1/2 ton status

Down here in Reedley there is a nice Yellow 69-72 Blazer For sale. You should definitely drive down and take a look. Interior is decent Body looks straight with nice paint job. Has 4in lift and 2in body. Let me know and Ill give you directions, only 30 min away. And Im sure its no 8grand!!

9. Avery4jc

ok...or do you have the guy's number/contact info? I'll call him and talk to him...
    like I've said before it would have to be a perfect situaiton for me to do anything...I do like my truck (as much as I talk about getting rid of it, lol) but this is just something that sits in the back of my mind :)

10. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

You need to start fresh imo. Dont get something already in the nosebleed section. Start with something simple, that way you make it how you want it, plus you get the experience you need in building, and the saticfaction of seeing it transform. No matter how pissed off i am at my blazer for not running right now, im proud of myself in seeing it go from stock to built and doing it with my own hands.

Also, your young, dont get in over you head on funds. ive spent gobs of money into my rig, and right now its keeping the driveway from blowing away in the wind. Spend your money smart.

11. Avery4jc

yeah and something else to keep in mind besides the $$$ factor is college...I'll be leaving for college in about 6 months...so I can't start completely from scratch.
    I guess it just depends on what I want in the end...my truck needs about $3,000 worth of work/parts before it is "done"...transmission/tires/d-shafts/small stuff...

so looking at where the truck is now plus the $3k or so to finish it I don't feel like I'm completely sunk into it...after I get the major stuff done though I won't want to sell it b/c I'll be too deep into it and as you all know you don't get out of them what you put in...

so thats really all I have been pondering...before spending that kind of money I just want to make sure I'll be happy with the end result.