Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick hummer rim question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by oneofthefewbmx, May 3, 2006.

1. oneofthefewbmx

oneofthefewbmx 1/2 ton status

ok...its prolly been beaten to death....but just real quick, if i got some wheel spacers for my newly aquired hummer rims how wide do the spacers need to be?? the biggest ive found is 2" is this enough?? thanks....

2. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

h1 rims have 7 inches of backspacing.

2 inch spacers would be 5 inches of backspacing. dunno if thats enough.

buying new centers would be cheaper than wheel spacers, i think. i got my centers for aroun 180 bucks shipped to my door. last i checked, wheel spacers like what you are looking for are around 140 bucks a set. so....two sets would be around 280 plus shipping, so that would leave you 100-150 bucks to have them recentered, which i think is doable.

3. oneofthefewbmx

oneofthefewbmx 1/2 ton status

hmm...5 inches of backspacing still doesnt seem like enough but id really rather just bolt the rims on vs cutting and welding and buying...i know i can come up w/ some DRW D60 hubs for the front...do you know anything about a stock dually spacer off XXXX vehicle fitting over the rear hub? also...does a DRW D60 hub use the same bearings and stuff as my SRW one? thanks for your help...