Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick intake ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AkMudr, Oct 2, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

if converting to an electric choke qjet, can you block off the exhaust heated choke port on the intake manifold and have everything work after? any problems?

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

yeah, its just a tube that loops through the intake and the exhaust crossover in the head. either fabricate a blockoff plate for it, or cut it off flush with its mounting flange, and leave the loop in the intake/head.

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

blockoff plate it is. I would get a new intake but good luck findin a GM intake without egr and the port, I would to edelbrock but my state is super anal about emissions.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

huh? your state is anal about emissions, and yet you're going to run an EGR/hot air intake with neither hooked up? how's that going to work? :confused:

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

My truck doesnt have EGR. All I have is AIR injection system, no cat, no charcoal. And yes my rig is original under the hood. I intend to kee the stove preheat to the air cleaner, I just wanted to get rid of the hot air choke and go electric.