Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick link needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Feb 6, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok, i have been thinking about adding a tbi, or some sort of feul injection to my blazer,,,,does anyone have a link, or number to a california referee? I need to check what will work or not, Thanks , Jacob :) and tunedport k5,,,, id really like to see the outcome of your Cali Tbi swap ,,keep me posted:)

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Hello? :)

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

pretty simple for the tbi.... just buy a tbi manifold that fits carb heads,get a junker comp, and a tbi, and the pump and your done. edelbrocks sells an mpi kit that converts tbi to mpi for 1000 but you'll need the pump, computer, and tb.

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

This has nothing to do with how to get in contact with a referee........

I am wondering who has done the swap here in cali ,,and has had it passed it by a referee.:confused:

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

excuse my Cali ignorance, but wth is a referee? inspection station? :confused:

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I'm in cali and the standards for our rigs are real easy to pass as long as you get through the visual inspection. If he is a half assed ref you can get away with an illegal manifold but I don't know if im gonna be able to. It all depends..... I was talking about cali standards. It should all pass as long as you buy the parts off a cali k5 or make sure they certified for california use. Like i said get a holley or edelbrock efi conversion manifold(i have an off highway manifold not legal for cali but i bet it will pass because everything else is legal), I think edelbrock makes the cali certified one but its big bucks. the holley is around 180 and i think the edelbrock is up around 2-300. The 670 2bbl holley tbi is cali legal too.

pretty much all you have to do to pass with an illegal manifold is get past the visual inspection.... not sure tho... ill find out in a month or two.

7. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

yeah.

8. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

phone book......... any smog shop.

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Do you have any hands- on type of experiance with this? Do you actually know anyone who has done the swap in an 85 and have it passed? I was looking for more of a solid answer ,like a real person with real results.Jacob

10. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

oh my bad... all i no is 85 smog standards are real easy to pass with an efi setup. My rig runs pig rich right now tho. probably should have left the stock pump in.

What kind of setup were you planning on puttin on it?

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I dont know . I think that would be my only option. I dont think theres anything else you CAN do withought the smog shop rasing a flag.