Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick little Lift Kit Q's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blackblazer717, Nov 12, 2004.

1. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

Quick little Lift Kit Q\'s

ok ive got an 88 K-5 with a 4inch lift, springs in front and blocks in the rear, my question is, if i install 4 inch Shackle Flips in the back WITH the blocks, how can i get about the same amount out of the front WITHOUT swapping the springs? im aware of possible problems with driveshaft angles, brake lines etc, and if the front driveline is going to over extend where can i get shaft extensions for the front?
    thanx luke

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Re: Quick little Lift Kit Q\'s

Buy 8" springs for the front. You will need to lengthen your front driveshaft, or you may even have to buy a high angle one; a driveshaft extension or spacer alone won't work. You will probably need a CV style shaft in the rear also. Your factory steering will work with the correct raised/dropped steering components, just not very well; crossover would work much better. There is nothing "cheap" about an 8" lift.

3. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

if u leave the block in the back i suggest u flip it around so it tapers the opposite way because IIRC the flip points the pinion up and creates a very bad angle or atleast it did to my truck. someone please correct me if i am wrong /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Why are you going 8 inch lift ? Do you want to run a WAY bigger tire ? Your fenders are already "wicked" cut , cut some more and keep the center of gravity low by staying 4 inch . big lift may sound cool , or look cool , but may be impractical if you can't afford to do every mod needed . Keeping the blocks with a shackle flip isn't ideal , 4 inch springs with a shackle flip is probably the way to go . Many people run blocks , some people I know run blocks , and many people will post up pro or con for blocks , but blocks are a possible object to come out during use of the truck /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif