Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick metal shine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Sep 15, 2003.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Before I say anything, i must say that my truck is sitting in the driveway not being driven. So i dont know how this tip will hold up to dirt, or if it will make dirt stick. Now to the tip. The stainless trim on my truck looks really faded, so I did a quick spray of WD-40 on it, and it is *bling* the plastic silver side molding also got sprayed and then wiped off. It is also *bling*. I did the tailgate 4 weeks ago and it still looks good, i just did the rest today. Ill be able to see how it holds up tonite, i sprayed my dads f350 tailgate (ick lol) 2 weeks ago and ill try to remember to look tonite. But it looks really good. Try to keep excess off the paint or you will have to wash it and start over. Remember the brushed aluminum gets sprayed and left alone, the plastic gets sprayed and wiped. Anyways, just a quick tip. If someone tries it and all the dust in the world sticks to it, post up.

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

That is a trick I have been using on my show vehicles for YEARS. I spray WD-40 on everything under the hood and the wheel wells etc. It gives the motor a wet look.