Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick mini swamper question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Aug 8, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Alright im thinking of putting a set of 27x9.50R14 SSRs or a set of 28x8.50R14 TSL bias tires on my luv(im only going 14 becouse i have a spare set of 14x7 alum inum rims for my luv). But my question is how over sized are swamper typically in width. Whith my 27.5s i have a good 3" to the top of mt fenders and about 2" to the back of my fenders. My curent tires measure 27" tall and 8.5" wide. Do you think i can clear these tires?

2. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

let me go out and check the daughters jeep (power wheels) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifsry had a few to drink lmao /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I would think so. If not you can always trim the fenders a little or lift it a few inches. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i cant tell you in relation to your LUV, but how does it compare to a ranger in size? my buddy had 28x8.5x14 swampers on his ranger, i think they were 8.5 not sure, he had plenty of clearance..