Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

QUICK!!! need info on Echobit shackle flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Sep 29, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

i am planning on doing my shackle flip tonight and need to know what size pieces of metal i need and what thickness....i did a search and couldnt find the actual measurements, other than how and where to drill the holes, would 3/8" be ok or should i go with 1/2" also i am needing to lengthen the front shackles on the rear of the front spring, there are going to be 2x12" long, would 3/8 bo ok here or 1/2"???? thanks guys i need this info quick! i will be ordering the stuff from the shop before i leave work today! thanks guys

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the sizes etc, but I just measured mine and they are 1/4" thick. Hope this somewhat helps.

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

From a search... Hope it helps

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Did I read that correctly? a 12" front shackle? please say thats a typo. first of all you only get 1/2 of the length of the shackle for any lift. Plus your caster is going to be off big time on the front axle.

A 12" shackle up front is a bad idea. Like blocks up front are a bad idea.

5. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

nope not a typo, i have custom spring hangers on the front that dropped the hangers 6 inches more than stock, i never did the back and still have the factory hangers out back and the caster is WAYYYYY off right now.....there is no return to center when i am cruising at slow speeds.....very scary. factory holes a 3-3/4 on center +6"+another 1" on both ends is 11-3/4 shackle.link to my other pics

6. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Thats alot (twice) of leverage on your shackle mount! You better upgrade bolts and watch your bushings closely... might also need a panhard bar.