Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick np203 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevytruck75guy, May 12, 2003.

1. chevytruck75guy

chevytruck75guy Registered Member

i am in the process of building a 75 k10 and i need to replace the stock dana 44 3.73 to a 4.11. my question is that i don't have the money to get one right now. if i run with out the drive shaft but put it in 4wd and run around the nieborhood or something like that every once and awhile, will this be enough w/o tearing crap apart. it will only be for about a month and i only drive it maybe 3 days a week. thanks

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Yeah, you'll be fine. I've been running mine with no ring gear up front since I bought it in September '02. That's pretty much equivalent to no front driveshaft.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It has been a while but IIRC a fulltime NP203 will not allow your vehicle to move unless both driveshafts are in place. I may be wrong but I don't think so, or maybe you had to have it in the lock position.

4. JustHorsinArownd

JustHorsinArownd Registered Member

I actually ran mine in front wheel drive for a few days while my drive shaft was being rebuilt. Didn't hurt a thing.

5. klier

klier Registered Member

Take out the front driveshaft and throw her in Lo Loc. It's no problem... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

hey if you are driving around town with no drive shaft, then you would want to run in hi loc not lo loc. boy klier you are dumb. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. klier

klier Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Hey, shut up dickhead! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif