Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick oil change on Easter morning

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 70jimmy, Mar 27, 2005.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Well figured I would knock out a quick oil change on the wifes car today. So jacked it up and put the jackstands under and drained oil and pull filter. Put new filter on and put back in drain plug. Wife came out and said wow you're already adding the oil back in. Yep with a couple tim taylor grunts. couldn't find my normal funnel I use so used the long tranny type one. While dumping from the 5 Qt jug into the funnel I was shaded by the hood and had my sunglasses on. The funnel is black. :cool1: So I am thinking I should hold the funnel with one hand and the oil jug with the other. Just as I think this I see the level is really close to the top and the funnel swivels in the oil filler tube strewing oil on the motor, windshield, right front fender, headlght etc.

Yep Master Mechanic am I :frown1:

2. carolina k-5

carolina k-5 Registered Member

somedays it dont pay to get out of bed. you didnt tell your wife what happened did you?

3. kevcarr59

kevcarr59 Registered Member

Oooohhhh Wwweelllll

Guess momma got the car washed also!!!! :laugh:

Don't fret... It happens to all of us...

Was at a gas station that had the "Larry the Cable Guy" caps.. the real nice black with the partial confederate flag on the bill. Wanted to get it for my son, in college.. The next time went down by there a week later had momma's credit card to pick it up, and they still had the cap for sale(the only 1). Bought it and went and jumped in the truck to head home... Got back to the yard at work and looked for ir...COULD NOT FIND IT...Tore truck apart...Only thing could think happened, when me and other driver got in truck, left it on the fuel tank when I got in truck... Talkabout PISSED... Called store because we had receipt... Not there...OOOOHHHH WWWWEEEELLLLL......

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Hope that she had gone back in the house before that :D