Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick poll and question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TDAWG1, Jan 18, 2005.

1. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am about to purchase a 1987 GMC Jimmy. (fullsized) I was wondering what fellow Blazer lovers think of the Jimmy and what are some pros and con's, other than name plates what are the differences? Thanx 4 your help...:cool1: :cool: :dunno: :ears: :pimp1: :k5:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

There are no big downfalls to either one . If you buy that 87 you will be injected already , big plus , do it brother :D

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

to me they are both the same and both excellent choices. ;)

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I don't understand the question :rotfl:

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

They are all Chevy to me. I was just thinking today that GM should drop the GMC light duty truck line and stick with just heavy trucks so that Chevy could take the "best selling truck" thing away from ford. (Because without GMC there would be more Chevys sold)

6. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Well, according to my step dad GMC's last longer. I would definately jump on that 87, fuel injection is nice:)

Later

7. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Doooo ITTT!!! :thumb:

8. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

its funny realy cuz i noticed the older you go the more chevy had the better opptions for the money then in the 80s it seamed gmc had more now days i think they are about the same in every aspect

to further eplain this think of the lower model trucks for instance the 87 gmc high sierra was the base model my dad bought newwas $17000 had ac tilt wheel cruise control and carpet the 87 chev cheyane my uncle bout new was $19000 and didnt have ac but did have cruise tilt wheel and carpet

but then again i noticed a GMC denali was more expencive than a caddy escalade with the same opptions lol

9. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

I dont under stand the poll:dunno: but I think they are mostly the same. I would buy it!

10. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

They are identical, you cant go wrong here. Dont you wish all your choices were this simple?

11. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Help and thanx

Sorry that my poll question got all messed up Why is Blazer and the other for JIMMY. Thanx for the good advise. My wife and I are about to have a baby. The Jimmy just turned over, I test drove it yesterday It was AWESOME! But It needs some work probably an engine rebuild (lacking in the horse area seriously bad.) Ran smooth at the upper end. Low end was gone The tranny probably needs work. More than I can affford right now. It is killing me. It is a steal. The dealership wants almost 6,000.00 it is lifted 6 inches and has new rubber all around. The dealer said he would probably trade me straight across for my 98 Suzuki Bandit s 1200cc motorcycle. counsel me brothers and sisters. What to do?:confused: :cool1: :crazy: :doah: :deal: :dunno: :thinking: :k5: :1zhelp:

12. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I agree. I wish GM would do the that as well. It seems lately that with the Denali line, and the retractable roof options, that GM is trying to make GMC more of a high end line than Chevy. They always seem to add Chevy later on but start with GMC. Anyway, just an observation. Make GMC big trucks- 6500 series and up and Chevy light duty.

13. chevy_muscle

chevy_muscle 1/2 ton status

73-up I like them both the same

72-older, I prefer the Chevy's grills over the GMC's.

I think back in the early 50's and back the GMC was more heavy-duty but by the later 50's they were pretty much the same (I think)

14. 90v1500

90v1500 Registered Member

:) 6k might be a little high but if they're willing to trade for the Bandit do it!! you won't regret it. The GMC is just a Chevy with different options, I belive they ran off the same assembly line just with different badges...