Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick Q. while I can still ask..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, Jul 17, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

My Ex has informed me that she is taking me camping the end of the week for my birthday... :D i'm getting excited! i have only been camping once in my life (and i used to own a 26ft travel trailer..go figure)..and we were talking about it and the topic of SMORES came up..and I told her that i have never had any, but they looked good when i saw pictures of them.

she could not beleave that i have never had a smore, and said that we were definatly gonna have to make me some!

so i got to thinking, what other "treats" am i missing out on?

Anything special, sweet, yummy..you guys like to make on camping trips?

we are taking the blaze, and a tent, and we will be camping next to a small lake..and go swimming, and hikeing..and man i'm getting excited, with all of my health problems that i have and have been dealing with. it has been a really really long time since i have done anything that has made me as excited as this! :D I feel like a little kid the night before christmas..

so post up your treats and recipes !!!

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

cant think of any, hot chocolot made way to hot over the fire, beer batered fish and beer. uh thats about it for my trips:crazy:

3. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Beer brats!!!

4. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

banana boats are the bomb.

1 banana
    mini marshmallows
    chocolate chips or hershey bar pieces

Instructions:
    Partially peel banana (peel top of "boat" down to 1/2" from bottom to make flap") do not cut peel completely off. Cut wedge-shaped section in banana. Remove wedge. Place in hollow: marshmallows, chocolate, (peanut butter optional) Cover mixture with banana peel and wrap in foil. Place in coals for about 5 to 10 minutes, until chocolate and marshmallows are melted.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Boiled crawdads!!! Mmmmmmmmmm!

Catch 'em yourself and boil'em fresh!

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

how do you eat them? i used to catch them all the time as a kid, and have seen that they are eaten by the buckit load, but how do you?

just suck out the inereds? can you even pull any meat off the tail?

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

most people eat the tail, thats where all the muscle is. when its ready to eat, you pull the tail away from the body and push the meat through the open end of the tail from the end. kinda like a tube of toothpaste haha.

some people do like to suck the body out. im not into that kinda thing :o

8. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Hot chocolate topped with marshmellows.

9. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I remember having these iron sandwich cookers as a kid, could make like grilled cheese's and such and I always liked puting like onions and peperoni's and pizza sauce on em too :D And remember, camping withough beer isnt really camping at all, its just sleeping in the outdoors!

10. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

if u have/can get a dutch oven there are tons of nummy things. or if ya got $10 harbor freight has em.
    my fav is cobbler. i go on long camp trips and the 2nd or 3rd night is the best-the night i make cobbler. it always tasts better the 2nd night!!!

many ways to make,my way is cake mix(with the pudding-yum) and a can of peachs in heavy syrup mix all in pot, cover, stick in coals-20min later ahhhh heaven. my kids call it daddy's birthday cake :)

11. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

get yourself two plain metal clothes hangers and a cheap pack of hot dogs. unbend the hangers and pop on a frank, then hold over COALS until cooked. that's the best eating ever!

12. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

usually the hotdogs and marsh mellows on a stick over the fire. but the last few times it was while fishing and just grilled the fish that we caught. I don't like to take that much with me. just enough to get by and keep it simple.