Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick question: 454 crew cab

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

My wife has found me a deal on a 454. Strange but true! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Anyways, she doesnt know much about the truck, except that it is a 454 for sure, probably a Chevy, and definately a crew cab. Beyond that she isnt sure. She doesnt know whether its a 4x4 or not, or the year or anything else. I am going to see it tonite, but I was wondering quick what would be the odds, if its a crew cab with a 454 and an automatic, and 'happens' to be 4wd, that it would happen to be a 1 ton? Probably a 3/4, but are the odds good? I am getting a little excited that it may be a D60 front! That would be pretty cool.... hehe

Mike

Oh ya, did I mention he wants only 150.00 for the motor, and isnt too attached to the rusted out truck either? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

M

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If it is an original 454 in a truck it will be 2wd. They can be swapped in though, and many have been over the years. Best to hurry over there and haul that junk away for the poor guy. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If it is an original 454 truck it will either be 2wd, or a 1 ton. If it's 2wd it *might* be a 3/4 ton, but if it's 4wd and a factory 454 it will definitely be a 1 ton.

4. James670X

James670X 1/2 ton status

Is it a white 88 or a blue 89 by any chance if so I can tell you which motor it will have in it?

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Yep, forgot the K30 had the 454 optional... My grandpa used to have a 1980 K30 with the 454. Wish he would have told me it was going up forsale before he sold it for $500 too (I just turned 16 about that time). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I haven't ever seen a K20 crewcab. Pretty much ensures a D60 if its 4x4.

C20, C30, and K30 I have seen, all with 454's at one time or another.

All crewcabs use a 1-ton frame, and use a 14-bolt FF. So there's an added bonus if you need it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif