Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick question about moving my front axel forward..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Nov 16, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

OK

What are the pro's / con's?

I alread have the zero rates with the option on them but currently have it installed in the stock location. My tires dont hit curently "38's" and I think I can thank the 3 inch body lift /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have all my stuff for cross over and ready to get it on the truck, just pondering on the axel location /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I run a reciever style front bumper, and just wondering how much this will help with my approach angle?

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

also hydro assist is in line for next month, I was also wondering about interfearence with anything if I moved it forward??

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

drive shaft may have to be altered. If you go with just the 1" or 1.5" that the offset blocks provide I don't see any serious problems. Drag link may interfere with leaf spring on the passenger side. I think it depends on your spring pack thickness, amount of lift, what your using for an arm and other variables.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

If you have histeer, or are planning to use it....things get tight on the D.S. (Steering arm to tie rod clearance)

There's a post in the ORD forum if you want more details.

5. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you have histeer, or are planning to use it....things get tight on the D.S. (Steering arm to tie rod clearance)

There's a post in the ORD forum if you want more details.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, my axle is move forward 1.5" and after pondering the normal Hi-steer for a while , I came to the conclusion that only the behind the axle hi-steer would work for me.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have my front axel moved faward 1". With the "conservative" lift of 9+3, the 44's hit the firewall under full flex. The 1" gave me Just a little xtra clearance. I have just the "normal" crossover and don't seem to hit.

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My axle is forward 1.75" from stock. My crossover works fine and it gave me enough clearance that I'm dropping the body lift down from 3" to 1".

[​IMG]

This is 6" lift with a 3" body lift and the axle forward.