Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick question, can u guys help..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Sep 14, 2004.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

ok, so now i have been reading on 2 different boards about stupid Mud Flaps.. i got pulled over the other day for that reason in my K5.
    now i have found all the Az statues laws and what not, and the law does not apply to an SUV, so is there any written documents or proof saying that my Blazer is an SUV or sedan wagon? i have found most of my info here: http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp?Title=28

any help would be great, thanx guys /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Your AZ title , like mine , should say its a k10 , but under body style it says wagon , or utility , not truck /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The Law

Either way you get off , if they want to get nit picky , not even trucks need them either :

[ QUOTE ]
    C. This section does not apply to:

1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if they call your Blazer a truck , your off anyway ( stock height ) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your AZ title , like mine , should say its a k10 , but under body style it says wagon , or utility , not truck /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i think it says k10, i have to check on the wagaon or utility.
    i just want to have the right stuff next time, so i dont have to get a ticket. i didnt recieve one, he just gave me a verbal warning, but it would be nice to have the right stuff, u know.
    thanx /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif