Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

QUick Question "hood latch"

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by drchan, Mar 15, 2003.

1. drchan

drchan Registered Member

QUick Question \"hood latch\"

I have a 72 k5. i changed the hood hinges today and i can't get the lacth to open the hood. it dind't open the hood before i changed the hinges either (i would pull the latch and have to push on the hood real hard but now i can't even do that, but when i looked at the latch everything appears to work, on the latch" and old body shop guy told me that there shold be a spring that pops the hood up. i've never seen a spring attached under the hood on a 72. my question is, is there supposed to be a spring near or around the ball that goes into the latch when you close the hood or not. i hope someone is understanding what i'm trying to ask. if there is no spring then maybe everything isn't lined up perfect. the hood looks like it is sitting in the proper position. i tried to adjust that little ball under the hood but that dind't work. any advice would be appreciated. ok maybe it wasn't a quick question, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif can someone look and see if they have a big spring located under the hood anywhere

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: QUick Question \"hood latch\"

latch assembly is probably junk or needs soaked in atf or something, spray the heck out of it with PB Blaster from NAPA, etc

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

There is no helper spring on the Blazer. You need to readjust the thing so it properly aligns with the catch on the hood and lubricate it and the hinges properly.

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

5. drchan

drchan Registered Member

thanks i'll try you suggestions